ADAQ supports Dental Assistants in their quest to reach the highest standards in knowledge, skill and aptitude in their chosen field and to support their informed involvement as an active part of the trained dental team.
As part of our commitment to supporting YOU in your profession we have teamed up with HESTA to offer ADAQ Certificate III graduates the opportunity to apply for a student bursary, valued at $3000.
The winner will receive a financial bursary to assist in covering the course fees for enrolment in the ADAQ Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (HLT45015) with either the Radiography or Oral Health Promotion electives.
To apply for the ADAQ and HESTA Bursary COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
For more information or assistance, please contact ADAQ Education Team on 07 3252 9866 or via email.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The bursary amount covers the costs involved in studying the Certificate IV in Dental Assisting course (HLT45015) with the Australian Dental Association (Qld Branch) RTO No. 30621.
- The bursary amount must be used for enrolment prior to January 2021.
- The bursary amount is non-transferable and only applicable for use for the enrolment into the Certificate IV in Dental Assisting by the winning student only.
- No refund will be provided for non-completion of the enrolled course.
- Enrolment in the Radiography electives includes compulsory attendance at a 1-week practicum session in Brisbane (travel/accomm covered by student). An option of a second week must be reserved if deemed necessary for competency to be attained. Practicum sessions are subject to timetabling. All attempts to meet both the needs of the students and employers will be considered, however no guarantee of specific prac times will be given.
- For the winning student to enrol in the Radiography electives they must also have access to both intra-oral and extra-oral radiographic equipment.
- Applications for this bursary will close at 5pm on 24 July 2020.
- To be eligible for this bursary you must have been awarded Certificate III in Dental Assisting with ADAQ between March 2019 and June 2020.
- Applicants must complete the online form with all information otherwise the application may be deemed uncompleted and therefore not assessed.
- Applications will be judged by a panel including, the current ADAQ President, Education and Practice Advisory Services Manager and a HESTA representative.
- Judges will also view the students’ submitted assessments throughout their studies in Certificate III in Dental Assisting. Of interest, will be the quality and content of the documentation submitted and the student’s overall comprehension of the coursework.
- The winner will be notified via phone and followed in writing by ADAQ.
- The winner may be awarded at ADAQ’s annual Clinic Day.
- By submitting an application, you give consent for your name, testimonial and other information to be published in marketing and promotional materials by ADAQ and HESTA.