An intensive two day program for Dentists (19 & 20 July)
One day program for their staff (19 July only) including hands-on experience onsite at the Department.
This event is presented in conjunction with HSQ Forensic and Scientific Services.
• Provision of detailed background in Disaster Victim Identification (DVI),
• For Dentists, in-depth training permitting the attendee to be an effective member of a DVI team,
• For Staff, acquire the capacity to be an effective member of a Forensic Odontology Identification Team,
• Receive comprehensive manual and digital resources.
NB: Participants will tour the mortuary and view autopsy proceedings.
ADAQ extends thanks to HSQ Forensic and Scientific Services for their assistance with this course, and in particular Mr Paul Csoban,
Senior Director HSQ Forensic and Scientific Services, and Associate Professor Charles Naylor, Chief Forensic Pathologist.
Topics covered will include:
• Introduction to Course and Forensic Dental Identification,
• Police – DVI Command and Organisation,
• Mental Health in DVI
• Forensic Pathology,
• DNA in DVI,
• Scene Brief, Post Mortem Brief: charting conventions, photography protocol,
• Tour of the mortuary and WH&S, and examination of the deceased,
• Dental age estimation using OPGs (Dentists only),
• Ante Mo